South Africa Cloud Backup
You are probably aware of the multitude of cloud backup or storage services out there. Did you know that most of them are based in the USA or Europe? Did you know that some of them use Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) for their underlying storage, which is primarily in the USA and Europe? Our research has found that even certain services that tout South Africa prices actually have their servers in the UK.
Do you use any of the following as a backup or storage service?
- Google Drive
- Jungle Disk
If you do, are you aware that your data is almost certainly stored outside South Africa? This is how these companies are able to provide free and/or incredibly cheap cloud storage or backup services. But are you also aware that as a result of this you are potentially putting the availability of your data and your compliance at risk?
There are some key questions you should be asking yourself, especially if you are a business in South Africa. For example:
- Where is your data actually stored?
- How will you get to it when there are problems with the international internet connectivity? (A regular occurrence in SA)
- What sort of connection security do these services offer you?
- How is your data encrypted?
- Are you compliant by storing your, or your employees information with these services?
- How would you retrieve your data in the event you needed to?
- Do you trust the company and their employees?
- Can you visit them to talk about the service and get a personal service?
- Do they care about you and your data?
- Do they have terms and conditions and an end user license agreement that is favourable to you?
For the every day consumer, perhaps you are happy to store your data with any one of the providers listed above, or any of their hundreds of competitors. But ask yourself… What if?
Our managed public cloud backup service is 100% South African based. Your data is stored on servers in a datacentre in Randview, Gauteng. Need a restore? Either restore from an existing backup device within your account over the internet, or contact us for an emergency restore* to an external device that we will ship to you.
Our costs are affordable and competitive. Don’t be left in the dark, risk compliance or losing all your data in the event of a failure.
Sign up for a no obligation 30 day free trial with our fully automated install-and-forget South African cloud backup service – you won’t be disappointed and we guarantee your data will always remain in-country.
* Costs and conditions apply