Cloud Backup Solutions – macOS Catalina update release notification
Version 7.0.3 Maintenance Update
Highlights of this update include:
- Support for macOS Catalina 10.15
- Resolution for security vulnerabilities
macOS Catalina 10.15 Details
- Code42 app version 7.0.3 introduces certified support for macOS Catalina 10.15.
- In addition to upgrading to version 7.0.3, follow our guide to grant full disk access to Code42 to ensure uninterrupted data security monitoring and file backups.
If these files and folders are included in your backup sets or in your legal hold preservation policies, they will no longer be backed up until you change your macOS privacy settings. Additionally, these files will not show up in Forensic File Search results until action is taken.
Security Vulnerability Details
- Code42 server and app version 7.0.3 corrects two vulnerabilities that potentially allow local code execution.
- Only affects Windows servers and Windows clients.
- Fully cloud customers have already been remediated.
- Reserved Common Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE) IDs: CVE-2019-16860 and CVE-2019-16861.
- CVSS for both vulnerabilities is 7.8.
- We are not currently aware of any attempts to actively exploit these vulnerabilities.
The 7.0.3 release will be rolled out from 17 October to 19 October. Existing v7 Code42 clients will be automatically upgraded.