Cloud Backup Solutions – Environment Upgrade v7.0.5
Yesterday the Cloud Backup environment was upgraded after-hours to v7.0.5.
This upgrade was a security vulnerability resolution.
Security Vulnerability Details
- Code42 server version 7.0.5 corrects a vulnerability that potentially allows remote code execution on the server by an authenticated user.
- The Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) score for the vulnerability is 8.0.
- We are not currently aware of any attempts to actively exploit this vulnerability.
- Customers with their own on-premises authority server require an upgrade to version 7.0.5.
- Code42 cloud customers have already been remediated, so no action is required on their part.
- Reserved Common Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2020-12736.
This update did not include an app update.
We continue to grow our business and strive to provide service excellence whilst protecting our customers’ critical data.