Cloud Backup Solutions – Code42 CrashPlan for Home to be discontinued
Over the past week or so, we’ve received a few enquiries about the recent announcement by Code42, and whether their decision to withdraw their CrashPlan for Home offering will affect us or our customers.
We believe this will strengthen our position in the South African marketplace. With Code42 focusing more on business and enterprise, of which we are the latter, the PROe product will receive more focus and attention. This will likely mean new functionality and potentially more frequent release cycles.
One of the key benefits of CrashPlan for Home was the free “Backup to friends” feature, which allowed remaining hard drive space on a friend’s computer to be used as a backup destination. Inherently risky, especially in the modern times of ransomware. In the event of infection, not only would your friend have their entire computer data encrypted, your backup would also be gone.
Our solution provides a number of benefits to our customers here in South Africa, including but not limited to:
– Enterprise class software and support
– Fast recovery with multiple options – restore to exiting devices, other devices, or for smaller files, via our web dashboard
– Strong encryption – your data is protected before it even leaves your computer
– Compression and deduplication of your data – only pay for what you store
– Excellent personal levels of technical and sales support
– Compliance with the POPI act
– Your backed-up data is unaffected by viruses or ransomware and can be restored to any previous point-in-time
– Fair pricing – benefiting home users up to our enterprise customers
Our results speak for themselves. 100% of our customers that have backed up their data to our South African dedicated cloud have been able to restore their data, recover from data or physical device theft, recover from the effects of viruses, trojans, malware or ransomware/cryptolocking.
Our distributor/reseller program has proven to be very successful for a number of small businesses here in South Africa.
We are offering a 10% lifetime discount on new account signups for the rest of September. Use offer code SEPT2017 to activate this when signing up for our no-obligation 30 day free trial.